Re: UNR translations blueprint

El dc 05 de 08 de 2009 a les 10:36 +0100, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to let you know that Kyle and I have been working on the
> translations schedule for UNR, and he has produced a blueprint for that:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Specs/MobileUnrKarmicTranslation
>
> The main points for the Ubuntu Translation Coordinators and Ubuntu
> Translators are:
>
>       * Translations should initially be done in the UNR upstream
>         project [1]
>       * The translation templates for Karmic UNR will be blocked until
>         user interface freeze [2], so whenever you see those templates
>         (listed in the spec) in the imports queue, please do not accept
>         them until the string freeze date. As explained in the rationale
>         section of the spec, this will help minimizing the work in
>         bringing Ubuntu changes to the upstream project by avoiding
>         having two different places where translation takes place. After
>         the string freeze, Ubuntu translators will then be able to
>         translate them for Karmic as usual, but the assumption is that
>         the translation will have first happened upstream and Karmic
>         translations will only involve fixes if necessary.
>
> If you've got any questions or comments, please feel free to ask.
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule
> [2] https://translations.launchpad.net/unr

Hi all,

Just an update to tell that the Karmic UNR templates have already
appeared in the Karmic imports queue [1]. They are:

po/window-picker-applet.pot
po/desktop-switcher.pot
po/netbook-launcher.pot

As per the previous e-mail, please do not approve them yet.

Regards,
David.

[1]
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+imports?field.filter_extension=pot&field.filter_status=NEEDS_REVIEW&start=0&batch=150