Re: Need approval for telugu under ubuntu-translators

El dl 21 de 12 de 2009 a les 13:25 +0530, en/na Praveen Garlapati va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> We at https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntutelugutranslators are a group
> of people working on translating into telugu.
> Would like to add our group to
> https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/+groups/ubuntu-translators
>
> Can you please approve it for telugu ?
>
> Thanks
> Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for stepping forward to lead Telugu translations in Ubuntu.

We are working in a set of policies for teams to be included in the
ubuntu-translators group. Translating Ubuntu is a rewarding effort to
provide users with the operating system in their language, but at the
same time it carries a great deal of responsibility.

We want to make sure users get the most of their native language
support, and while lowering the barrier for contributions, we also need
to make sure that translators are aware about this responsibility, best
practices for translations and of the existence of other projects'
translation efforts.

Before considering the Telugu team for inclusion to the
ubuntu-translators group, we'd like to make sure that:

      * The Telugu team has a coordinator
      * This coordinator should be subscribed to the ubuntu-translators
        mailing list
        (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators)
      * The team in Launchpad should be named 'ubuntu-l10n-te' instead
        of 'ubuntutelugutranslators'
      * The team in Launchpad should have a Moderated or Restricted
        subscription policy. Only this way you can ensure the quality of
        translations and make sure that upstream translations are not
        modified for no good reason.
      * There should be some form of communication between the members
        of the Telugu translation team (e.g. mailing list, forum, irc,
        etc)
      * We recommend the use of translation guidelines. For more
        information see
        https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/Guidelines
      * The team should be aware of other upstream translation efforts
        and coordinate with them whenever possible. For Telugu I see
        that there is a translation team for GNOME already
        (http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/te) and a Telugu subproject at
        http://www.indlinux.org/

Do you think you could have a look at these points and comment (or act)
on each one of them before we can add your team to ubuntu-translators?

For any other questions, please feel free to contact us and we'll be
happy to answer them or help you in any way we can.

Thanks!

Regards,
David.

--