Re: Need approval for telugu under ubuntu-translators

2009/12/23 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>

> El dl 21 de 12 de 2009 a les 13:25 +0530, en/na Praveen Garlapati va
> escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We at https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntutelugutranslators<https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntutelugutranslators>are a group
> > of people working on translating into telugu.
> > Would like to add our group to
> > https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/+groups/ubuntu-translators
> >
> > Can you please approve it for telugu ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Praveen
>
> Hi Praveen,
>
> Thanks for stepping forward to lead Telugu translations in Ubuntu.
>
> We are working in a set of policies for teams to be included in the
> ubuntu-translators group. Translating Ubuntu is a rewarding effort to
> provide users with the operating system in their language, but at the
> same time it carries a great deal of responsibility.
>
> We want to make sure users get the most of their native language
> support, and while lowering the barrier for contributions, we also need
> to make sure that translators are aware about this responsibility, best
> practices for translations and of the existence of other projects'
> translation efforts.
>
> Before considering the Telugu team for inclusion to the
> ubuntu-translators group, we'd like to make sure that:
>
>      * The Telugu team has a coordinator

<Praveen> Sure, I will be the coordinator.

>      * This coordinator should be subscribed to the ubuntu-translators
>        mailing list
>        (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators)

<Praveen> Done. I am subscribed to the mailing list.

     * The team in Launchpad should be named 'ubuntu-l10n-te' instead
>        of 'ubuntutelugutranslators'

<Praveen> I have the admin rights for the ubuntu-l10n-te group now. Please
include this group instead.

     * The team in Launchpad should have a Moderated or Restricted
>        subscription policy. Only this way you can ensure the quality of
>        translations and make sure that upstream translations are not
>        modified for no good reason.

<Praveen> Done.

>      * There should be some form of communication between the members
>        of the Telugu translation team (e.g. mailing list, forum, irc,
>        etc)

<Praveen> I have requested for a mailing list and its now available (
https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-te)

      * We recommend the use of translation guidelines. For more
>        information see
>        https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/Guidelines

<Praveen> I will create a specific language guidelines soon.

     * The team should be aware of other upstream translation efforts
>        and coordinate with them whenever possible. For Telugu I see
>        that there is a translation team for GNOME already
>        (http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/te) and a Telugu subproject at
>        http://www.indlinux.org/
>
> <Praveen> Sure. Will do.

Do you think you could have a look at these points and comment (or act)
> on each one of them before we can add your team to ubuntu-translators?
>
> For any other questions, please feel free to contact us and we'll be
> happy to answer them or help you in any way we can.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> --
> David Planella
> Ubuntu Translations Coordinator
> david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com
> www.ubuntu.com

Hi David,

Apologize for the delay in reply to your mail.
I noticed that there is already a group ubuntu-l10n-te and it took me some
time to get myself the admin rights to it.

I have the rights now and we can proceed further on the inclusion.

Please find inline the answers to all the queries.

Let me know if I need to provide any further information.

Regards
Praveen