Re: Team contact and team home page

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

El dj 07 de 01 de 2010 a les 21:52 +0100, en/na Milo Casagrande va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> maybe this issue has been discussed today at the meeting, but I leave
> my thoughts here anyway... :)
>
> 2010/1/7 Adi Roiban <adi@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Webpage, wiki, forum, IRC and other info can be listed on the team
> > homepage in Lauchpad.
> >
> > Rather than filling an ugly wiki table, I think we should encourage /
> > recommend / ask Ubuntu localization team to list a set of common
> > information on their Launchpad webpage.
>
> Agree with you: it's definitely better to maintain a simple wiki
> table, but a "complex" table has its advantages too.

I agree on that we should encourage that info to be on the Launchpad
team page or in the team's wiki (provided that a link to the wiki is put
on the page), and that the wiki page should probably disappear
eventually - or perhaps integrated in the LoCo Directory?. But on the
other hand, for now I'd like to keep it for several reasons:

It provides a centralized overview of the teams' resources. This is
useful for example for:

      * Translation teams: to explore how other teams communicate, which
        resources they use, and how they coordinate
      * UTCs: quickly see who the contact person is and see which teams
        actually have communication channels. This can be useful when we
        set the set of policies to actually enforce them.

Perhaps we should not make it a table, but rather a section with bullet
points for each team?

> > We can discuss what info to put in the Launchpad team homepage, but as a
> > start I'm thinking at:
> >
> >  * Who is the team coordinator (not always the team owner)
> >  * Link to translation guideline for that langauge
> >  * Link / info about how to participate in translations (how to become
> > an reviewer)
> >  * Links to webpage, wiki, forum, IRC
>
> Some of these info might be redundant thought. It depends on what use
> we want to do with them.
>
> If a team has all its contact info in the web page/wiki page, it looks
> useless to add them also to the Launchpad page, as long as those info
> are not needed by the UTC to know that a team fulfills all the
> requirements (usually the wiki page of a team is written in their
> mother tongue). And that's where a bigger table might be useful: the
> UTC ask the team to provide all the necessary info that will be used
> to fill the table. We probably don't need all that info, but the team
> contact, mailing list, and IRC channel might be useful.

Yes, I think either all of the info Adi is mentioning or a link to a
page with all that info would be good.

> We can probably shrink the table...
>
> > I think that the Team contacts wiki page is somehow hidden from
> > Launchpad translators and this is why I would like to see those info
> > integrated in Launchpad.
>
> Integrated in Launchpad itself  (as for email address, mailing list,
> ...) or just present in the Launchpad team page?

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella