[Fwd: Ubiquity slideshow changes in translations]

I forgot to add the UTC team on CC, here's the e-mail:

-------- Missatge reenviat --------
De: David Planella
Per a: Evan Dandrea, Dylan McCall
Assumpte: Ubiquity slideshow changes in translations
Data: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:24:29 +0100

Hi Evan, Dylan,

I've had a quick conversation with Evan on IRC, and it seems that the
previous ubiquity-slideshow-* templates have now been merged into one,
or rather into several ones according to distro:

po/kubuntu/template.pot
po/ubuntu/template.pot
po/xubuntu/template.pot
po/ubuntu-upgrade/template.pot

This means we'll have to disable the current translation templates in
Launchpad and adapt them to the new arrangement. It also means that
translations for each previous individual template will have to be
exported and merged into each of the new unified ones.

I'll try to do this in the next few days and prepare a branch with the
merged translations, but I've got a few questions/suggestions before
starting on this:

      * In each case, 'template.pot' should be renamed to something more
        meaningful, otherwise translators see only 'template' on their
        list [1] and don't know what they are translating. I'd suggest
        'ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu', '-kubuntu', etc. Would it be
        possible to do this? Otherwise, let me know if you think the
        suggested names are ok, and I'll change the name for the
        templates in Launchpad manually.
      * Is that going to be the final arrangement?
      * What's the ubuntu-upgrade one?

Regards,
David.

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu