Re: Software Center Help Translations

El dj 25 de 02 de 2010 a les 12:08 +0100, en/na Milo Casagrande va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/2/25 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > I had a quick chat with Michael Vogt and suggested him to integrate the
> > help file with ubuntu-docs. This would give the benefits that:
> >
> >      * Translations would be more visible to translators, as they'd be
> >        in the Ubuntu templates list at translations.lp.net/ubuntu
> >      * They'd be shipped as part of ubuntu-docs, and integrated in the
> >        package's workflow (i.e. translations would be built before
> >        NonLanguagePackDeadline)
> >      * This will make it possible to ship only the translations in the
> >        user's locale (as opposed to all translations). Now ubuntu-docs
> >        are part of language packs.
> >      * It would be consistent with what other Ubuntu applications do at
> >        the moment with documentation (e.g. usb-creator)
> >
> > Michael told me he hadn't any strong view for one approach or the other,
> > so I suggested I'd contact the documentation team to integrate the
> > documentation in ubuntu-docs.
> >
> > Before I do that, what do you guys think?
>
> I think we should go that way for now, or we might end up with no
> translations at all for the Software Center help.
> But I think we should really consider shipping separate packages for
> documentation in the future, and also maybe talk with the doc team
> about splitting up the documentation (but that's another topic
> probably not for this mailing list).
>
> Ciao.

Thanks for the feedback, Milo. Perhaps this could be a good topic for an
UDS session with the docs team. For now, I think at least we both agree
to contact the docs team to integrate it on ubuntu-docs.

The software-center-doc template has already hit the imports queue [1],
and I think we should leave it there for now, until we've sorted it out
with the docs team.

Regards,
David.

P.S. Please remember to keep Kyle on the CC list, as he's also
interested in this subject. Thanks!

[1]
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+imports?field.filter_status=NEEDS_REVIEW&field.filter_extension=pot&batch=90

--