Wine in LP

Hello!

Recently i had some discussion with Francois Gouget from wine team. They
are experiencing a lack of translations or to put it better they would love
to improve their translation coverage in more languages. That could be
obtained by lowering the technical barrier to contribute.

There has already been some discussion about Wine in LP here -
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2011-September/092047.html  and
it seems people are about neutral about it (don't hate this possibility
with fury :) ).

As far as i understood they are a bit worried about depending on unrelated
project/company for Wine translations but the real hangup is
preserving attribution
in the Wine commits. If that can be achieved  i think LP has a good chance.

Since you guys are more technical than me please explain it to me if and
how can preservation of attribution be done.
We can also discuss this at the meeting.

regards

Andrej

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things
brought together.

Follow ups