Re: Catchup: CC + Translations community

Hi Daniel!

On 07/02/2015 07:17 PM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> we had a catchup scheduled with you now, but it looks like nobody was
> available.

Sorry, but I for one wasn't aware of the catchup. If there was a
reminder, I missed it.

> We had the following conversation on IRC. Maybe this would be
> a good starting point for a discussion we can reschedule soon. Which
> times would suit you? Our usual meeting times are Thursday 17 UTC.

Basically any Thursday would suit me. Just let us know.

> <mhall119> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-kab had somebody want to
> join and get that team more active, but the previous owner wasn't responding
>  ultimately an RT was filed and ownership transfered to the new contributor
>  but we might want to do a global check-in with translator team leads to
> make sure they're still active
>  because I suspect there are others in the same situation
> <dholbach> ok, that makes sense
> <mhall119> is this something we can get the translators team to take the
> lead on?

Michael brings up an important issue.

I have coordinated translation updates in stable releases for a while,
and noticed that only a limited number of teams participate. So a global
check-in, to find out which translator teams are active and not, is
indeed a good idea. Minimum requirements for a working team is that the
owner is responding and that s/he (or another active team member) is
subscribed to the ubuntu-translators mailing list.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj