ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Design wireframes and storyboards

Hi all,

following on from various IRC chats I have been doing a bit of tinkering with Pencil http://pencil.evolus.vn/ a GPL licensed wireframing tool for prototyping designs. I adapted an export template to generate a nice branded output, you can grab this here:
and install it from the pencil tools menu.
I also made a base pencil file here
which contains a frame of a TV at 1920x1080 proportions scaled down to 480x270 screen size and on screen is a still from Big Buck Bunny you can copy this onto new pages and use the templates to slap your own designs on top for Unity on the Telly

I am not really a UX designer or anything, but I flung together a bit of a storyboard, more to demo the wireframing template and storyboard output than anything else really.

The pencil file that produced that output is here:

so there you go, a framework for designing what unity as a media centre/TV interface might look like. Have a play and it would be great to see your designs. Give me a shout if you want any help setting up pencil and the export stuff, or if you need a design hosted (just email me the .ep file and I will stick it up somewhere)

comments and bug reports on the export template would be great.

The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk

Follow ups