ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

We could use a custom flag in DEBIAN/control or something in software
center to mark Apps as TV friendly. This would cover the majority of games,
plus any apps with an interface specifically for TV. This would allow for
an App to have two interfaces (this is defined in Gnome 3), without
requiring separate packages or code bases. That way we could add in an
option to software center to allow the installation of "desktop apps". That
might be a better option that using separate repositories, though it would
require extra effort on the part of the repository maintainer.