ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: My ideas

Hello Bruno

Comments on Q1
Myth backend are very solid and could be used for the streaming part. The
only thing that I believe needs to be adjusted with mythbackend are the the
way it's handling livetv and timeshifting. Right now you really never watch
livetv on myth instead it's always start by recording the livetv and then
you watch the recorded tv. This could and should be made different from the
way it's handled right now, it's important that switching channels are
really fast and behaves like a standard dvb box. But I definitely think
mythbackend could be used and it should be quite easy to modify existing
myth to deliver fast channel switching by sending out the stream right away
and then start the recording in the background instead.

Comments on Q2
I think unity 2d would be the perfect base for UbuntuTV.

Cheers,

Thomas