ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu TV - Wishlist

Wow, that's a huge list.
I also want to share some thought about Ubuntu TV architecture.
I think what make Ubuntu TV different to other media center system is:
Ubuntu TV can take the full power of the Ubuntu System and thousands of
exist applications.
So the challenge is how to design a flexible plug-in system, and how to
migrate exist application to a 10 feet user interface.

Ubuntu TV use (mod) unity as main user interface, I think is  a good
approach.
It's somehow similar to Metro Shell in Win8.
I suggest Ubuntu TV can provide a common UI library for developers to use.
To help construct a UI entry in unity shell, or a basic app UI identical to
the main UI.
But the plugin app should not have dependency on UTV library, not like
other media system.

It would be better to support HTML5 for light plugin.
And a way to navigate web page sepcially designed for 10" TV user, like
what GoogleTV did.

Regards
LongkerDandy