ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu One Store

So I guess there are two separate things here that relate to language
settings:

First, there is the language setting for the software which most definitely
should be multilingual, and customized like Jim said.

The second is the language for subtitles and audio for the content itself.
This would really depend mostly on the content itself, and whether it was
provided by the source or not. For example, some content produced in US
might only have English subtitles (for the hearing impaired), whereas you
might be able to get the same content from another studio in another
country that licensed it and dubbed or subtitled it. So it really depends
on the source of the content.

Another issue is the legal aspect of it and being able to sell/rent content
worldwide, and this is not really an easy task.

my 2 cents

- Mohammad