ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

Re: Hello

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Matt <mccandmatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am currently located in Titusville and found your LoCo group here for
> Ubuntu so I signed up J I have used Linux for years now, and saw how it has
> evolved from little Slackware edition that I started with 15 years ago to
> what it is today and I love it. Now granted I do still use Micro$oft Windows
> for certain applications but I always have a computer or two running Linux
> and for the past two years I have found that Ubuntu is my preferred choice.
>

> I would like to get involved and of course learn much more, and even help
> others see the quality of Ubuntu and to show people that there is life
> outside Windows lol.
>

> Please let me know if you need any information from me. I am computer
> literate, at least my degree says so J
>

> Thanks,
>
> Matt McCandless

Hi Matt!  And welcome.  Glad to have you on board.  We can always use
more expertise in the group.  The core group of us hang out on IRC in
#ubuntu-us-fl on freenode (mostly daytime).  The mailing lists are
pretty low volume, but most people are subscribed to the list at
lists.ubuntu.com
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-us-fl ).  We kinda
got hung up in a transition to the launchpad based mailing lists.  The
website and wiki are at http://www.ubuntu-fl.org and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam, if you havent found them yet.

Come out to our Intrepid Release Party on Saturday if you have a
chance. ( http://www.ubuntu-fl.org/index.php/news-mainmenu-2/17-events/121-20081108.html
)  Hope to see you out there.

Dan