Re: Plan of Action

I have a few points with respect to the action plan.  Before I get in to
them I must note that I am located in the central part of Ashtabula
County.  This is the largest county geographically even though our
population density sucks and we are fifty miles east of Cleveland.

Northeast Ohio expands a wee bit beyond Cuyahoga County let alone the
city limits of Cleveland.  When I checked the Pennsylvania LoCo team's
site, they don't have a Western PA sub-team.  Western PA is a term
typically used to refer to areas like Pittsburgh east to Clarion and
south of I-80.  Northeast Ohio is closest to the Erie/Northwest PA
Sub-Team as far as the reckoning of Metropolitan Statistical Areas goes.

While the ideal of meeting face-to-face every six months can be rough
when we hit snow season, having an annual meeting may help with
cohesion.  When you don't have a face to put with the name on-screen, it
gets difficult to remain part of a group.  One of the virtual church
efforts launched by the Church of England over the past five years has
been suffering from that cohesion maintenance issue.  As for a venue for
a meeting...well, the Dayton Hamvention could be a starting point for
discussion perhaps as it also provides a great outreach opportunity with
a global reach.

A podcast may also be useful for promoting group cohesion.  After all,
what is the Ubuntu UK Podcast but a LoCo team's effort?  I am available
to collaborate on that.  Examples of what I have done in that field of
endeavor can found at
http://lisnews.org/audio/download/35006/LISTen-93.mp3 and
http://lisnews.org/audio/download/34955/LISTen-92.mp3.

These are just my initial thoughts.  I look forward to further discussion.

SMK
--
Stephen Michael Kellat, MSLS
+1 702 714 0397 (message phone)