Re: OhioTeam Re-Approval

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:49:58 -0400 Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Michael Gilbert
> <michael.s.gilbert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:02:45 -0400 Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> >
> >> Hey All,
> >>
> >> Because I'm on the council, I can't really lead the re-approval process.
> >
> > wouldn't it be easier to avoid the conflict-of-interest by abstaining
> > from council procedings related to the ohio reloco?
>
> Yes, but other council members are also on the re-approval list, and
> they have elected to have someone else act on behalf of the team.
>
> We don't like flying a man down, but I don't mind doing it. If no one
> would like to drive this, then I will drop my council duties when it
> comes time for Ohio.
>
> If I'm too distant from this team, someone _PLEASE_ yell at me :)

i don't really see this as a genuine conflict-of-interest; since the
idea of supporting local teams of any sort should be a no-brainer.

however, having someone else fill out the paperwork doesn't actually
resolve the conflict-of-interest since you are still the ohio team
lead.  the only ethical solution is abstention; but then again, i don't
see the conflict anyway.

gilbert