Re: Regarding LoCo Elections

Thanks for sending this. :)

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:00 PM, William Chambers
<william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> During the discussion, I threw out the idea of both a LoCo "Community Council"
> of several people who could manage the LoCo without putting all the work down
> to a single person. Naturally one of these members would be the LoCo contact.

I really like this idea. We sort of have this in place already with
the bdfls/buckeye/rockstar teams. It probably just needs to be
formalized. But I agree: why take out the structure in place already
to start from scratch?

> It was also suggested that we could hold an IRC meeting on the topic next
> Wednesday at 8 to further discuss things, although we could also discuss it
> further via the mailing list/forum/Ubuntu hour.

I think we definitely should discuss this further as a team. Wed @ 8
(PM) would be good for me. Anyone else have input on this time?

wrt. Ubuntu Members; it's no secret. Lots of cool benefits like an
@ubuntu.com email, an LWN subscription, Planet privileges, and
official affiliation with the project itself. If you think you've
significantly contributed to Ubuntu in any way, be it development,
support, or an active role in the LoCo, let myself or another member
know and we'll help you apply.

--
Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net/