Regarding LoCo Elections

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from the Columbus Ubuntu Hour and we got a chance to have a
rather long discussion about the LoCo Elections. Following the drop out of 3
people, we took a look at the two remaining and noticed that, apparently,
neither of them are Ubuntu Members which is technically required to be an
'official' LoCo Lead. There was also some concern expressed about the level of
activity that we couldn't recall, although this could be merely oversight on
our part.

During the discussion, I threw out the idea of both a LoCo "Community Council"
of several people who could manage the LoCo without putting all the work down
to a single person. Naturally one of these members would be the LoCo contact.

Semi-jokingly I said that I'd be willing to lead the LoCo if that would be
helpful. I currently have a good deal of free time and would personally enjoy
working with people to make the LoCo better then ever. I co-lead the Ubucon at
OLF and have dropped down for Ubuntu Hour semi-rarely (First time was around
the beginning of this year), however I've already decided to go every week
possible. I know if I have the experience to manage things, however I will do
my very best and work closely with LoCo members to get things done right.

One of the first goals I'd have would be to form a Council of respected LoCo
members who could then work with the entire LoCo to plan events, meetings,
etc.

It was also suggested that we could hold an IRC meeting on the topic next
Wednesday at 8 to further discuss things, although we could also discuss it
further via the mailing list/forum/Ubuntu hour.

Thanks for your time,
William Chambers

Follow ups