Re: How does this read to you at this point?

Nicholas,

Overall, I felt your points are very good.

I would only disagree with the first sentence in the last paragraph
"Ubuntu itself is a flavor of Linux that is an attempt to create an
operating system that can overthrow the Microsoft Windows operating
system as the most used operating system in the world of computers."  I
know that is a stated goal of Ubuntu, but in reality, I don't see that
happening.

Also,  there are negatives to going with Ubuntu, albeit, they can be
dealt with.  As a user, the one that I have experienced, is the lack of
driver support for hardware - video boards, printers, scanners, etc.   A
compilation of existing hardware and compatibility with Ubuntu should be
done early on in a study.

Another would be whether there are software applications for your
business, or do they need to be developed.

Paul