Re: How does this read to you at this point?

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Paul Whitacre <yort1024@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Nicholas,
>
> Overall, I felt your points are very good.
>
> I would only disagree with the first sentence in the last paragraph
> "Ubuntu itself is a flavor of Linux that is an attempt to create an
> operating system that can overthrow the Microsoft Windows operating
> system as the most used operating system in the world of computers."  I
> know that is a stated goal of Ubuntu, but in reality, I don't see that
> happening.

I agree.  And I think that sentence could easily be misconstrued as Ubuntu
being a group of people that hate Microsoft and are just out ruin them.  I
think its much more about using great software and an enjoyment of creating
a great product as a community.