Re: ChromeOS CR-48 and Ubuntu

I managed to install Ubuntu on it about a week or two ago. (I used Hexxehs method, not the wiki.)

I found that normal GNOME was slow, because it's graphics card JUNK.
In all, even though I prefer Ubuntu to ChromeOS, I went back to Chrome OS.

For instructions in how to do it, here they are: http://hexxeh.net/?p=328117655

The only side notes I have is that you can't have Ubuntu AND Chrome OS side by side using this method - the Chrome OS doesn't like missing any of it's security partitions. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, Chrome OS has multiple locked 512MB partitions on there. Each with a copy of the Chrome OS. It randomly selects one to run a security check/comparison every time it boots. <insert joke here about Windows needing a verified boot> ;) )

If you have any questions, just hit me up!

James Gifford
@jrgifford
http://JamesG.tk