Re: Need help configuring an oddball repository source

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Stephen Michael Kellat wrote:
> Alrighty.  The machine under consideration is a Starling netbook from
> System76 running Lucid Lynx.  I haven't made any drastic alterations
> from the stock implementation.
>
> I want to take the alternate ISO for 10.04.2 and rig it up as a local
> repo from disc.  What strategy would I pursue to make this happen?  I
> vaguely remember doing this in a zypper-based environment and am unsure
> how to execute such in an APT-based environment.

you can loop-mount the disks then set up the mount points in your
sources.list.  something like

# mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/to/iso /media/ubuntu-10.04.2
# echo "deb file:///media/ubuntu-10.04.2 main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list

good luck :)
gilbert