Re: Election time

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Jacob Peddicord <jpeddicord@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ohio!

Hi, Jacob!

> It's been a fun ride, but it's time I step down. Being on the Ohio
> council has been an awesome experience, but also exhausting when
> combined with other life things. Trying to juggle the LoCo, class,
> work, and other things has become a tricky task. I've been sitting on
> this for quite some time, but now that things have settled down around
> here a tad this is probably the best time to announce this. I'd much
> rather see someone active on the council rather than myself; the team
> can grow much more quickly and efficiently.

You've proved that you can (again) rise to the occasion and really
shine as a LoCoHiO team leader. You're an upstanding LoCoHiO member,
and an Ubuntu member of the highest degree.

Thank you so much for all you've done. You rock.

> So, keeping up with the spirit of elections, consider this a call for

Wooo!!! Election time! Time to dust off the GPG keys ;)

> nominations. Anyone and everyone who thinks they're up for the
> challenge of being on the Ubuntu Ohio council should reply-to-all on
> this message with a quick blurb about yourself. This is a great
> opportunity for ReLoCo leaders and more folks around the state to
> represent their region! If you participated in the November council
> election, this is a great opportunity to have another go. (Hey, if you
> want, just copy-paste your message from your November nomination.)

+1 there!

> To clarify, you'll be replacing myself, and will be joining Jon
> Buckley and Michael Gilbert on the council[1]. You will have equal
> representation on the council, and will have access to the website,
> launchpad administration, loco directory, mailing list, IRC, and
> whatever resources we have. Additionally, you'll be able (and
> expected) to represent the team to the LoCo Council, Canonical, and
> the Ubuntu community as a whole. It may sound like a daunting task,
> but when split between an effective 3-person council it can be quite
> simple.
>
> As for myself, I'll still be around in about the same capacity. (Those
> of you who see me on IRC are probably getting a kick out of that
> sentence ;)
> I'll for sure be going to OLF, and will help out in whatever way I can
> there and with other things.
>
> I'll leave the window for nominations open for about a week, at which
> point we'll start voting. Reply-to-all to this message if you're
> interested!
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-us-ohio-council
>
> - --
> Jacob Peddicord
> http://jacob.peddicord.net/
> https://launchpad.net/~jpeddicord

Sadly, I don't have the time to do this right now (I'm stocked up in
the busy department), or I'd be the first one to jump at it.

Let's get some nominations, people!!

Thanks again, Jacob!
Paul

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq