Re: Election time

Just to make things interesting I'll throw my hat into the ring to run for the High Council. At worst I can show off my new profile on the wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/skellat

Stephen Michael Kellat

On 05/15/2011 10:09 AM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Jacob Peddicord<jpeddicord@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi Ohio!
Hi, Jacob!

It's been a fun ride, but it's time I step down. Being on the Ohio
council has been an awesome experience, but also exhausting when
combined with other life things. Trying to juggle the LoCo, class,
work, and other things has become a tricky task. I've been sitting on
this for quite some time, but now that things have settled down around
here a tad this is probably the best time to announce this. I'd much
rather see someone active on the council rather than myself; the team
can grow much more quickly and efficiently.
You've proved that you can (again) rise to the occasion and really
shine as a LoCoHiO team leader. You're an upstanding LoCoHiO member,
and an Ubuntu member of the highest degree.

Thank you so much for all you've done. You rock.

So, keeping up with the spirit of elections, consider this a call for
Wooo!!! Election time! Time to dust off the GPG keys ;)

nominations. Anyone and everyone who thinks they're up for the
challenge of being on the Ubuntu Ohio council should reply-to-all on
this message with a quick blurb about yourself. This is a great
opportunity for ReLoCo leaders and more folks around the state to
represent their region! If you participated in the November council
election, this is a great opportunity to have another go. (Hey, if you
want, just copy-paste your message from your November nomination.)
+1 there!

To clarify, you'll be replacing myself, and will be joining Jon
Buckley and Michael Gilbert on the council[1]. You will have equal
representation on the council, and will have access to the website,
launchpad administration, loco directory, mailing list, IRC, and
whatever resources we have. Additionally, you'll be able (and
expected) to represent the team to the LoCo Council, Canonical, and
the Ubuntu community as a whole. It may sound like a daunting task,
but when split between an effective 3-person council it can be quite
simple.

As for myself, I'll still be around in about the same capacity. (Those
of you who see me on IRC are probably getting a kick out of that
sentence ;)
I'll for sure be going to OLF, and will help out in whatever way I can
there and with other things.

I'll leave the window for nominations open for about a week, at which
point we'll start voting. Reply-to-all to this message if you're
interested!

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-us-ohio-council

- --
Jacob Peddicord