Re: Northeast Ohio Census Call

Dang it!  I hit reply instead of reply all.  My apologies Michael
for the two copies...

The Census Bureau uses the strange term "micropolitan" to
describe Ashtabula County while there are two metropolitan
statistical areas within what we term Northeast Ohio:
Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor and Akron. Those two metropolitan
statistical areas plus the Ashtabula micropolitan one form what
is called the Cleveland-Akron-Elyria combined statistical area.
Youngstown falls into the Youngstown-Warren-Boardman MSA and
isn't part of the Cleveland-Akron-Elyria CSA. The Census Bureau
definition of northeast Ohio is odd enough and yet things get
built off of it.
It was always my big question as to what the metes and bounds of
the NE OH ReLoCo really were. There's never been a definition
that I've seen. I might have jumped the gun proposing a meeting
as we should settle that definition.
SMK

On Wed, 25 May 2011 16:48 -0400, "Michael Gilchrist"