Re: Northeast Ohio Census Call

I guess this is what happens when I come up with an idea before I have to quickly shuffle off to work.

Northeast Ohio is pretty darned big. My earlier call was partly a test to see how we all conceived northeast Ohio. For the size of a community, the entire northeast quadrant of Ohio is too darned big. One of the notions behind the statistical areas mentioned earlier that I really should have explained further is that those areas are ones that are connected economically and culturally per the Census Bureau's reckoning. If anything they also align with major arterial transportation routes.

The notion of ReLoCos is great. The big issue is finding the right size for such communities. Working with the northeastern quadrant of the state as a basis makes for an awfully big territory where few could gather together on any sort of regular basis. Breaking things down into smaller components has an advantage compared to a community in which everybody is an hour's drive or more apart.

I'll back off on the idea of a meeting at this point. We still need a bit of a census to put pins on a map so we can see where people are grouped physically.

And with that being said I need to go check on power supplies and see about rebooting the router in light of these storm cells rolling through. My System76 netbook is tethered with my Nokia E71x on prepaid service at the moment. Since I won't have 3G service locally until June 30th, things are a little slow being online this way...

SMK