Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Release

every one,

I think that it would be nice if it was a bit bigger than last year. we
could invite more then just the people in the loco group to get every thing
situated with the new install. remember last year... I came to
the library that we were having the install party the day before our event,
to the same room as our event. there was another group there doing an
install party of Ubuntu. they told me that they were having it on that day
because the Ubuntu Ohio LoCo group was too technical and they wanted some
one who could explain it better for them. now the next day I came to our
groups party and I had no idea what was going on. it took me a half hour to
understand that what was on the screen was a IRC and that it was a chat room
thing.

my point is that we could be a bit less technical show people how to get
Ubuntu, and all the freaking sweet things that you can do with the
new version. how long would it take to get a box of CDs of the new OS. if we
set the date to a few days after the release we could have the CDs there for
people how are not a part of our group to take them home and try it out(we
would need to expain the live cd thing obviously don't want people deleting
every thing on their computer to try Ubuntu.)

the OLF is great because the latest OS has been out for a few months and we
have the CDs there for people to take.

just a thought.

cheers

Andrew