Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Sound Oddity on Asus Eee 1001P

Joseph,
This may or may not be the response that you were looking for, but I have
an EeePC-1000 & have been playing around with it a bit trying to
find/figure out exactly what you were talking about. Long story short, I
noticed that if I had a bad pair of headphones (partially broken wire down
by the plug) I started getting a bad sound quality, similar to what you
were describing. This makes me this that the issue is likely a hardware
issue. Have you tried testing different headphones/speakers, or even buying
a $10 USB sound card to test to see if the internal sound card is taking a
poop on you??

Hope that helps!!
-Jon Buckley