Fwd: Ubuntu Global Jam (S-Series) Announcement

FYI.  We will definitely have to re-staff the High Council before then
as we'll be down to one councilor by this summer it seems.  Michael
Gilbert will need new collaborators going forward later this year on the
High Council.

This event will not collide with Software Freedom Day this year as that
will fall on September 21, 2013.  We can shoot for various outreach
activities that day.  Picking a college campus or two to show
demonstrations of free software and have a limited amount of install
media may be worth it since Ohio has a ton of campuses:
https://www.ohiohighered.org/campuses

There will be a collision with Ohio Linux Fest that weekend, though.  I
don't believe we've had any discussions yet to what presence we will
have at OLF in 2013, if any.  I would be more in favor exerting more
effort toward local outreach that weekend so that we seek more people to
join the many flavors of the Ubuntu story instead of pulling everybody
in from across the 17th largest state geographically to the capital to
preach to the choir.  This is a matter for open discussion.

Stephen Michael Kellat
http://identi.ca/alpacaherder
http://launchpad.net/~skellat
http://ohio.ubuntu-us.org/burningcircle