Re: Ubuntu Ohio -- Delegation of Authority

Thank you Ben for not approaching me directly with your concerns.

Unfortunately, in this case, I'm actually dealing with some legal
requirements that have jail time attached to them if I don't personally
come into compliance.  I'm going to have to be able to cough up the URL
on demand to my new employer when they inquire about what I am doing in
my off-duty hours and if it has been approved by Management.  For the
last four days I have had one briefing after another where at least one
facet of each briefing has involved the threat of imprisonment if I
failed in compliance.

Posting to planet ensured that Ohio Linux Fest was given adequate word
of the shake up since Ohio's leader, whoever that may be at the time,
typically assists in planning at least part of the annual event.  Oddly
enough, a major chunk of the organizing board is not resident in Ohio
and therefore not part of the local community's membership.  With
OLF2014 shifting to October this year, this year should prove
interesting.

I truly apologize if this upset you in any way.  I have to ensure that
local talent is nurtured and given a chance to grow.  Since I am
required to do this I want people to be assured that Svetlana Belkin,
James Gifford, and Unit193 will act in my stead and that they have my
trust and especially my confidence.  I had plans for doing fun things
like scheduling a meet up at one of the lodges operated by Ohio State
Parks this spring and coordinating other activities.  My ability to do
that came to a screeching halt Monday in a fashion that was a little
more heavy handed than I was expecting.  With this particular employer,
there are always trade-offs and having a paper trail to cover my
backside is kinda essential.

And since I need to get to sleep as I have an almost two hour commute
one-way to get to work tomorrow, I will end by noting that local
communities decide themselves how they are structured.  We tried keeping
things fun and simple but that didn't work.  We're trying something
different as we're engaged in an exercise looking at where we want to go
as a community in the future.

Have a beautiful day.

Stephen Michael Kellat