Hi!

Hi there, my name's Emily Gonyer and I'm a long time Ubuntu user. I've
been using Ubuntu in some form (Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME mainly)
since late 2006, and been messing with GNU/Linux since the late 1990s.
The last 2 years you may have seen me at Ohio Linux Fest running a
booth for the GNOME Foundation. I live in Carroll County Ohio about an
hour south of Canton, though I find myself in Canton/Akron every few
days and get up to Cleveland a couple times a month.

I'm currently teaching a class to a small group of homeschoolers (ages
9-12) on free software. On Wednesday we had our first class and I gave
out 8gb sticks each with a different version of Ubuntu 14.04 on them
(Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu GNOME). I'm looking forward to
seeing them again in a couple weeks to see what they've discovered,
with plans to them to the four freedoms of free software in the next
class, as well as basic GNU/Linux administration, and later on either
Scratch or Alice.

Anyhow, I'm happy to be on the team and hope to get to know you all
better and learn how I can better contribute to Ubuntu in the coming
weeks/months :)

Emily

--
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein

Follow ups