ubuntu-us-wisconsin team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: What now?
Hi, WI LoCo fellows,
On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 21:12 -0500, Simon Quigley wrote:
> We haven't done a lot in a while, [....]
This team has *never* done much. For several good reasons (worthy of a
And that's okay.
> I'm keeping the renewal period to six months for now.
I suggest reverting to 12 months to reduce a barrier to retention. Six
months can fly past so quickly, without accomplishing anything on some
> What would make this Local Community team worth your time and effort?
> What would you like to see happen?
> How can we spread Ubuntu in the state of Wisconsin?
A consensus upon a set of goals would help.
1) (Gateway) Help enthusiasts find upstream projects to help
2) (Training) Teach enthusiasts how to contribute to Ubuntu (testing,
bug triage, documentation)
3) (Structure) Coordinate and support the Ubuntu-related events of
local LUGs and/or upstream projects.
4) (Support) Assist local Ubuntu users with support and installation
5) (Social) Conduct Ubuntu-themed events so fellow enthusiasts can
meet and have a good time
6) (Spread) Spread word of Ubuntu to people and organizations; grow
Everyone can pick and choose the goals they care about, and let others
work the goals they don't care about. Like every other volunteer group.