ubuntu-us-wisconsin team mailing list archive

Re: What now?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-us-wisconsin] What now?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 16:37:03 -0500
From: Ian Weisser <ian-weisser@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ubuntu-us-wisconsin <ubuntu-us-wisconsin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, WI LoCo fellows,

On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 21:12 -0500, Simon Quigley wrote:

> We haven't done a lot in a while, [....]
This team has *never* done much. For several good reasons (worthy of a
different thread).

And that's okay.

> I'm keeping the renewal period to six months for now.
I suggest reverting to 12 months to reduce a barrier to retention. Six
months can fly past so quickly, without accomplishing anything on some
projects.

> What would make this Local Community team worth your time and effort?
> What would you like to see happen?
> How can we spread Ubuntu in the state of Wisconsin?
A consensus upon a set of goals would help.
Example:
1) (Gateway)   Help enthusiasts find upstream projects to help
2) (Training)  Teach enthusiasts how to contribute to Ubuntu (testing,
bug triage, documentation)
3) (Structure) Coordinate and support the Ubuntu-related events of
local LUGs and/or upstream projects.
4) (Support)   Assist local Ubuntu users with support and installation
help
5) (Social)    Conduct Ubuntu-themed events so fellow enthusiasts can
meet and have a good time
6) (Spread)    Spread word of Ubuntu to people and organizations; grow
new users.

Everyone can pick and choose the goals they care about, and let others
work the goals they don't care about. Like every other volunteer group.

Cheers,

Ian