ubuntu-us-wisconsin team mailing list archive

Re: Why the inactivity?

I've drifted away due to a personal disinterest in evangelizing Ubuntu or
trying to create converts.

I'd like to "talk shop" with other Ubuntu users who already have an
interest. Maybe learn how others are directly participating in open source
(so that I may join them). Or demonstrate ways I've found success with
Ubuntu.

Further, I think that an in-person gathering or communal project would need
to come *AFTER* a stable, somewhat closely-knit, group of people exist who
communicate regularly - "a community". In our situation that community
would need to be online due to geography.

My $0.02.

P.S. I find it heartening that this conversation thread even exists, as it
demonstrates that there is already some amount of online community somehow
interested in Ubuntu, in Wisconsin(ish). Let's figure out how to keep it
alive by staying in contact online and via email.

Mike Putnam