ubuntu-waterloo-region team mailing list archive

Re: Kwartzlab and the LoCo

Darcy claims:

the Lab in discussions internally about how much time should be open to
non-member events and there's a possibility the Lab might demand a
nominal fee to non-members to attend.

I'm game for that.  $5-$10 in the fishbowl, and pot-luck snacks.

Get people coming out for enough ad-hoc events, and soon economic pressures favour Kwartzlab membership.

I'm not advocating an exclusive Ubuntu-only night -- Never, ever kick out the membership for strangers. But after a few months in operation you may know when the slow nights are, and you can suggest to the Kwartzlab board that those Ubuntoids could be invited over for one of those nights.

The Kwartzlab facilities are nice: lighting is good, music is under control (both volume and genre), and should there be an interest in hardware hacking, what better place?

--Bob.