ubuntu-waterloo-region team mailing list archive

A potential "new-phone" security issue to consider

Hi,

After getting my first smart phone from Fido a week ago, I assumed that "out of the box" is straight from the factory.

I took photos yesterday. Today when I went to view them I also see 2 of someone else's photos taken a week before I got the phone.

So someone else can fiddle with your new phone before you get it.

So maybe in order to be trusted new-phones should come with a sealed package ... like Tylenol bottles.

Sandy

Follow ups