ubuntu-waterloo-region team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Canada IRC meeting and Ubuntu Hours

Hello Everybodeee! It's coming up to Ubuntu Canada's IRC meeting again,
to be held on Thursday, 24 February 2013 at 8:30pm NST, 8:00pm AST,
7:00pm EST, 6:00pm CST, 5:00pm MST, and 4:00pm PST.  I expect we'll
mostly be discussing the upcoming Ubuntu-ca LoCo Re-approval. The agenda
is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/2013-01-24, and
please register for the event at
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2159/detail/ Registration is
optional, but may impress the judges at LoCo re-approval.

This week I was shocked (Shocked!) to learn that not everyone knows
about the Google calendar that lists all the events across Canada.  This
is the URL you're looking for:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=mll58frmllrllfksgd12t3h7cs%40group.calendar.google.com
<https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=mll58frmllrllfksgd12t3h7cs%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Toronto>

Events listed on the Canadian Team Loco page also have a calendar in
iCal (.ics) format, which you can add to your favorite calendar app like
Thunderbird Lightning or Evolution:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ca/ical

When anyone creates an event (like the IRC meeting) on the LoCo events
page it automatically shows up in my Thunderbird Lightning calendar, and
from there I can copy it to the Ubuntu-ca Google calendar. Let me know
if anyone needs to write to the Ubuntu-ca Google calendar directly
(like, maybe, you're hosting an Ubuntu Hour??)

Speaking of Ubuntu Hours, the IRC meeting will be followed by Ubuntu
Hour Waterloo at 8:00pm EST. I'll be at Almadina Restaurant at 7:00pm
for the IRC meeting, but that segues nicely into an Ubuntu Hour.
Everybody is welcome! Look for the table with the laptops...  Also, it
would be great if you could register for this as well:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2160/detail/

Finally, Charles is thinking of moving Ubuntu Hour Kitchener to from
Friday, 1 March to Thursday, 7 March. Go to
http://charlesmccolm.com/2013/01/22/next-ubuntu-hour-date-and-timing/
and give him an earful in the comments :)

--Bob.

--

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman@xxxxxxxxx>         http://sobac.com/sobac/
SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388