ubuntu-waterloo-region team mailing list archive

Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail Release Parties on Thursday, 25 April 2013

Hi Everybodeee! This is the week of the Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail
release, and so there are Release Parties:

=====
The KW chapter of Ubuntu Canada is having a release party on Thursday,
25 April 2013 at 7:00pm at the Kwartzlab Makerspace.

There's an IRC meeting from 7:00pm to 8:00pm; the Kwartzlab Radio team
will be recording a podcast at 8:30pm; and there will be a live
installation demonstration on a fancy new Lenovo laptop with UEFI and
SecureBoot. And, of course, there will be cake, deviled eggs, and we may
order out for pizza…

What: KW Raring Ringtail Release Party
When: Thursday, 25 April 2013 7:00pm – 10:00pm EDT
Where: Kwartzlab, 33 Kent Avenue, Kitchener, Ontario (map:
http://osm.org/go/ZXnwY4Db?m )
Online: #ubuntu-ca on Freenode IRC
Registration:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2325-kw-raring-ringtail-release-party/
(Registration is optional, but appreciated)

=====
There is also a Toronto Raring Ringtail Release Party. Join Michael
Kaulbach for a bottomless cup of coffee and free Ubuntu cupcakes!

What: Toronto Raring Ringtail Release Party
When: Thursday, 25 April 2013 8:00pm – 11:00pm EDT
Where: Alio Lounge, 108 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario (map:
http://osm.org/go/ZX6BtMDec--?m )
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2353-toronto-raring-ringtail-release-party/
(Registration is optional, but appreciated)

=====
And there are rumours afoot of a Raring Ringtail Release Party in Guelph
a bit later in the week. More details forthcoming as I unearth them….

If anyone knows of other release parties, please let me know and I'll
add them to the list.

--Bob.

--

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman@xxxxxxxxx>         http://sobac.com/sobac/
SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388