ubuntu-women-leaders team mailing list archive

[rt.admin.canonical.com #89716] Ubuntu Women wiki spamming

Hi,

We noticed today that the Ubuntu Women wiki has been subject to
a ongoing spam attack.  In order to thwart this activity, we've
locked down edit access to your wiki to these Launchpad teams:

  * canonical-sysadmins
  * ubuntu-etherpad
  * ubuntumembers
  * ubuntu-release
  * ubuntu-women-leaders

I took a look at using the ubuntu-women team itself but since
membership is open it is not suitable, as the spammers are quite
happy to join such teams in order to continue their activity.

The rest of the list is a hasty copy-and-paste from the other
wikis we've locked down recently, and we're happy to adjust it.

ubuntu-etherpad is on there as its membership is managed by
the Ubuntu Community Countil and has generally proven suitable
for managing access to wikis, but if you'd prefer to have edit
access gated by a team you manage, please just let us know.

We have some automated scripts for cleaning up after these
wiki spam attacks, which we will set up and apply.

Regards,
--
Paul Collins
Canonical IS