ubuntu-youth-council team mailing list archive

Re: Member approval process

hiyas Andrew,

Thank heavens for that! I've only ever been checking people to join the UY
mailing list. I would never presume myself to give someone council status!
Now, I can stop having my little heart attack :)

As you well know, things are bit busy. Losing Zach from UY and my losing a
general Admin along with a PR guy coupled with the 11.04 release season it
is really pushing the admin and TL's quite hard. I do assure you and UYT
that I am still fully commited to such a fantastic project.

If there is anything urgent, please let me know. I hate having to be
re-active for the teams instead of pro-active, but we are all going to get
through this.

Derrick is in the final throws of installing the educational google system
onto my main account. At your next meeting you may, or may not, want to
discuss having UY email adresses available, I can also add UYC ones if your
team so wishes, from what Derrick has been showing me, the new admin control
panel is pretty 'shit hot'. The idea behind it is that you can send and
receive emails with suc addresses, you can then choose to forward and link
them to your existing email adresses, or link an existing email account to
the UY(C) one.
For example, I am part of theSII.org team, so can send and receive emails
via that system but they all arrive, neatly sorted into my main account. But
I'll leave that all with you all!

I *think* I have about 2,000 email addresses available under multiple team
names, but as Derrick booked 20,000 for his - we should not run out any time
soon :)

Regards,

Phill.