ubuntu-za-maties team mailing list archive

Fwd: [sulug] repositories problems

For the Ubuntu boffins to figure out !

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hilton Gibson <hilton.gibson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7 May 2010 20:05
Subject: Re: [sulug] repositories problems
To: sulug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here are some possibly related bugs.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+bug/432631
 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+bug/432631>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wget/+bug/554068
 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wget/+bug/554068>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/545134

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/545134>It
seems to be a global problem for 10.04.
Hope a fix is out soon.
The Ubuntu Software Center looks like the cause.
Is the Ubuntu Software Center also used in KDE ?
And what about personal proxy settings per user/profile ?

I think there should be a system/personal proxy setting in the Network
Manager software instead, then ALL apps would know what proxy to use for
personal or system use.

Cheers

hg

Met ubuntu 9.04 het die gnome network proxy gui die proxy settings en

--
Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator

Cell: +27 846 464 758