Re: [Question #76217]: How to run or install 9.04 on Dell XPS 720

Tarmac is still having a problem:
I'm afraid I am a Linux newbie trying to learn.  As a result, I do not
know how to "try adding a boot option to boot to command line single
user" - sorry.

I have tried Mandriva, Mint and Fedora and they all fail at a similar
point to Ubuntu.  I really like Ubuntu on my old desktop and my netbook
and this is why I would like to stay with it.  I tried Mandriva, Mint
and Fedora simply to test if they would install better than Ubuntu due
to the current problem I have.

Many thanks for all your suggestions.