Re: [Question #76174]: How do I disable automounting for mtp devices?

Sean Fitzpatrick gave more information on the question:
Here is the output of mtp-detect when I plug in the device:

Listing raw device(s)
   Found 1 device(s):
   Philips: HDD1630/17 or HDD1620/00 (0471:014c) @ bus 0, dev 4
Attempting to connect device(s)
usb_claim_interface(): Device or resource busy
LIBMTP PANIC: Unable to initialize device
Unable to open raw device 0
OK.

Before Jaunty, running mtp-detect worked as intended.  Now I have to
wait (I timed it yesterday) 15 minutes before the device ceases to be
busy, and then hope that I can unmount without any errors.