Re: [Question #76237]: ubuntu says the hard drive is full even though it is not

Question #76237 on nautilus in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/76237

Tom proposed the following answer:
I think you have installed Ubuntu inside Windows using the Wubi install.

A much better way to install Ubuntu is to put the Ubuntu cd in your cd/dvd-drive and switch the machine off and on again, this is a 'reboot'. Hopefully this should get you to a menu where the top option is something like "Try Ubuntu without making changes to the machine" and choosing this option should get you to a working desktop comparable with your Windows one, we call this a "LiveCd session". If you have trouble getting that far then this guide might help
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromCD

If the LiveCd session works and firefox can find your internet connection so that you can surf to here then install Ubuntu using this guide
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot

If this isn't what you've already done then you might want to migrate the Wubi install onto it's own proper partition by using this guide's, part 8 of section 8
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide

I hope this helps!
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)