Re: [Question #76245]: 9.04 Jaunty blackscreen on laptop?

brookshire is still having a problem:

It will probably take a while for me to get used to Ubuntu.  This laptop had Vista running on it until it crashed in April due to nvlddmkm.sys BSOD on every start.  The only thing I'll lose by formatting the drive and reinstalling again is Skype, Wine, and Ventrilo, so no great loss.  Thanks for your help.  I'll let you know if I get it running again.