[Question #76399]: Remote Desktop Viewer not working for Internet connection

On Jaunty for both machines: Remote Desktop Viewer works OK when both laptop & netbook are connected to the same router. However, no success when the laptop is connected to a router linked to one ISP and netbook is connected to another router linked to another ISP i.e. true remote connection.

I've allowed port 5900 in both Ubuntu firewalls. First router is UPNP enabled and has RemoteDesktopViewer on port 5900 (with firewall rule for laptop LAN ip address). Second router is UPNP enabled. In Firewall Configuration (i.e. gui for gufw), I've allowed port 5900 incoming on laptop.

I've tried ipaddress::5900 with ipaddress as first router address & as second router address: both give window stating connection was closed..

Is it a problem with jaunty or what should I be using for Host in Remote Desktop Viewer?