Re: [Question #16447]: add scanner

Question #16447 on xsane in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xsane/+question/16447

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     You might also search for a driver from the manufacturer if other
models are ok in linux.  I have an HP all-in-one that didn't scan from
supplied software in Ubuntu 9.04 (printer was recognized and it seems
like fax software would have worked as it was, but I couldn't use the
scanner).  After getting an update to hplib (which drives HP printers &
scanners), it works just fine.