Re: [Question #65281]: FATAL: Module usbserial not found

Question #65281 on linux in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+question/65281

tonio59 posted a new comment:
Ok, I finally managed to connect my Toshiba G450 USB Modem, I'm using
also Simyo as my mobile phone company.

Basically I followed the instructions as in the tutorial by Canx
(http://canx.blogspot.com/2008/11/howto-toshiba-g450-con-ubuntu-804.html)

Then I must initialize the system with the Toshiba g450 modem connected
and active.

Then I must unmark "Enable wireless" in the NetworkManager applet. (if
not, it does not work !)

I do then in a terminal:
sudo modprobe g450
 ... followed by:
sudo wvdial

And it works !
One last point - dont know why, but sometimes Firefox appears to go 'off-line' for no reason. Check that also in case everything works but still cannot connect !

Note: In the tutorial, there is a pair of UDEV rules to automatize the
process:

File:  /etc/udev/rules.d/85-toshibaG450.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0930" ATTR{idProduct}=="0d46",
RUN+="/usr/sbin/usb_modeswitch"

FIle:  /etc/udev/rules.d/95-toshibaG450.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0930" ATTR{idProduct}=="0d45"
RUN+="/sbin/modprobe -Qba g450"

but it does not work for me.  Don't know why. I have noticed there is a
comma at the end of the first line in first rule, and there isn't in the
second rule. Could anybody check ?  CanX seems to be not very confident
with UDEV...

Well, I'm going to write it down right now, just in case I forget ;-))
Thanks all.