Re: [Question #76459]: can I install this new version of ubuntu on my Aspire 2930 laptop? That's all at this time. Thanks..

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
Boot to a live cd / usb stick and run:

sudo lshw | less

for example:

802.11 a/b/gDraft-N-WLAN

doesnt tell us a lot, you will need to know the wireless chip, lshw will
tell you this. Broadcom can be made to work but its this sort of detail
that will tell you how hard or easy it will be to configure.

Any new system will take Ubuntu, its just getting the hardware working
thats the fun bit.