Re: [Question #76447]: 9.04, ethernet card not initializing properly sometimes?

george_rutkay gave more information on the question:
That is the point....when it happens to my wife while I'm at work, I
guarantee that she is not able to understand such complicated computer
commands and therefore will not be able to impliment such a solution.
The only solution that works is to reboot the computer.

It hasn't happened to me because I'm at work when it happens at home.

Updates shouldn't cause a system to malfunction and inhibit a computer
user, that's not supposed to be their purpose.

Now I know that when I installed 9.04 there were no issues. Same with
8.10, no issues at all! Now with the most recent batch of updates for
9.04, something has changed and the ethernet card isn't being
initialized properly sometimes.

So if the person(s) who is/are in charge of ethernet drivers can just
look back at the older drivers and compare them to what is being
distributed currently, this should be a clue in which direction to look.